The Public Theater seeks a positive, collaborative, and creative facilitator to join our Production Management team. Five Production Managers coordinate technical execution and support for assigned projects, facilitating communication among production staff, other departments at the Public, and creative teams on each project. Reporting to the Production Executive, Production Managers align resources to realize individual projects at the highest possible level, while also working with each other and the Production department heads to maximize the overall capacity of the Production Department in service to the Public’s artistic mission.
The Public seeks to reflect the diversity of the city we serve. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manage production process for each assigned project:
o Facilitate the flow of information and alignment of activity among production departments, and between production staff and design teams, directors, stage managers, and other departments across The Public.
o Manage production budgets. Work with production and design teams to arrive at designs that align with project budgets and available resources. Maintain budget projections.
o Schedule and lead production meetings. Facilitate communication, prioritization, and scheduling of production work during build, load-in, tech, previews, and load-out.
o Ensure continued production support and maintenance throughout a project’s run.
- Work with fellow Production Managers and production department heads to continually improve the capacity of the department and the quality of our work and workplace.
- Hire and/or supervise staff or overhire Assistant Production Managers as needed.
- Actively support The Public’s commitments to safety, diversity, and respect in the workplace.
- Minimum five years of experience in theatrical production, stage management, production management, and/or technical direction out of school.
- Demonstrated personnel and budget management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to align stakeholders toward common goals while negotiating competing priorities.
- Ability to work constructively with artistic and technical collaborators and adapt to a range of personalities and working styles.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of CAD software a plus.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude while prioritizing work in a fast paced environment.
- Long weeks and evening/weekend hours required during tech/previews for assigned projects.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act and available immediately.