This position is responsible for overseeing the production of all events, shows, and original content for FOX Sports South, FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports Tennessee, and FOX Sports Southeast. Duties include direct or indirect supervision of remote production teams consisting of both fulltime staff and freelancers, remote operations, studio production and original content, including digital. Duties include ensuring that all productions are delivered on budget and produced to the FOX Sports Network standards; coaching and developing on-air talent as well as other production personnel; working with regional and corporate department heads, as well as professional team/college conference partners to ensure their interests and all contractual obligations are properly met and integrated into productions. The position works directly with the SVP/General Manager to oversee production philosophy and financial impact on the business, plus coordinates with all other departments within the organization to make sure the company’s mission statement and annual goals are met.
• Oversees locally produced events/shows and digital content, maintains financial responsibility for all productions/operations, and is point person for regional and corporate initiatives including programming, sales, marketing/OAP, promotions, communications, and engineering.
• Leads meetings and articulates a production philosophy and vision. Manages the Coordinating Producers, Senior Producers, and Director of Operations to ensure the on-air talent, producers, directors, and other production/operation personnel function with a consistent message on editorial content and post show critiques. Reviews all productions for quality control.
• Weekly and monthly tracking of all production and event budgets. Approves all travel, production invoices and expense reports as they relate to production.
• Works with regional and corporate department heads, as well as professional team/college conference partners to ensure their interests, and all contractual obligations, are properly met and integrated into productions.
• Manages and negotiates compensation packages for on-air talent and above-the-line production personnel.
• Directs new program and content development. Develops and maintain relationships with potential programming and underwritten programming clients.
• Maintains working relationship with production facility providers and crewing companies.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Communications is preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years television production management experience is required, along with 5 years field experience in remote sports/event and studio production.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary. Must possess open communication and collaboration skills and maintain calm, solid leadership under the pressure of a live television environment.
• General business accounting skills are needed.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills are required. Superior negotiating skills are necessary.
• Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills are essential.