The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health’s mission is to advance the public’s health through learning, discovery, and communication. To achieve this, the School produces knowledge through research, reproduces knowledge through higher education, and translates knowledge into evidence that can be communicated to the public, policymakers, and practitioners to advance the health of populations.
The Harvard Chan Studio Technical Manager reports to the Associate Director of Academic Technology and Media Services within the Department of Information Technology that provides technology services and support for a community of 300 faculty, researchers, students, and staff. This role is responsible for coordinating, overseeing, and maintaining the day to day operations of The Harvard Chan Studio and its events.
The Harvard Chan Studio is a state-of-the-art video production facility that advances the learning, discovery, and communications mission of the School through high profile and engaging streamed programming and event broadcasts reaching both national and international audience. The Studio has the flexibility to accommodate in-studio audiences of up to 40 participants. All the events are designed to elevate awareness of public health issues, attract broad and relevant audiences, and raise the profile of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health as a hub for thoughtful, engaging, and solutions-oriented discourse.
The Technical Manager will be:
- Collaborating with our events programming and communications team during all phases of event planning, from concept to day of support ensuring the production team has a comprehensive understanding of the technology and support expectations for success.
- Overseeing our exciting, fast-paced, livestreamed, virtual-only and pre-recorded events leading all aspects of the technical team's work including creation of the run of show, preparation of talent, lighting, audio, video, sound, video mixing, streaming and recording of events playing a critical hands-on role in each live event.
- Responsible for the technical strategy, maintenance, and operational models for our broadcast studio and video archive including recommending and implementing solutions that meet identified business needs and proactively exploring emerging technologies that might benefit future productions
- Maintain the health and stability of the Studio audio-visual systems and equipment, including developing and executing a plan for life-cycle maintenance and replacement
- Resolve technical issues on an expedited basis
- With the Studio’s production and technical supervisor, who is a member of the Office of Communications:
- Oversee the scheduling and calendaring of events
- Support and maintain set design for the studio
- Manage vendor support and resources; request and review vendor proposals; and ensure vendor proposals meet customer’s needs within budget
- Work closely with Communications team to continually innovate on event formats and production style
- Occasionally support live, high-profile events in other venues as needed (e.g. larger venue for live audiences). Position may occasionally require supporting events that are outside of regular business hours.
Minimum of five years’ experience post-secondary education and/or relevant work experience
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal and presentation to bridge technologists, event talent, and communications staffing
- Demonstrated expertise in directing and producing live events (i.e., calling shots, directing talent, and live switching)
- High level of organization and time management
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Deliver outstanding customer service in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated technical expertise in an area/s of multimedia or audio visual essential including production studio environments; video production; live streaming via YouTube, Kaltura and other content delivery networks; video storage and archiving; and web technology
- Bachelor's Degree or higher level of education
- 7+ years of experience with supervisory experience
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment
- Experience working with third party vendors and consultants on complicated initiatives and technology projects
- Comprehensive understanding of IT concepts and current technologies and trends.
- Manage key customer relationships with stakeholders, vendors, and other Harvard staff to ensure exemplary service
- Collaboratively build relationships and partnerships with stakeholders and technology providers
Apply here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25240&siteid=5341#jobDetails=1944632_5341