Audio Quality Control Technician-Live Event Industry (Chicago Area)
Job Objective & Responsibilities:
Day-to-day management of audio inventory: timely and consistent quality control, maintenance, and preparation of high-end event production audio equipment. Responsible for prepping equipment for events and checking it back into inventory post event; as well as overseeing/completing repairs and keeping detailed records of maintenance, QC, and other service history for all audio equipment. The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented; maintaining an organized work and inventory storage area at all times. They must be team-oriented with the ability to work well with others, and a progressive thinker that looks to improve upon current standards and processes.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Prior experience in the broadcast, corporate, or live event industry.
• Sound understanding of analog/digital signal flow and audio components.
• Working knowledge (ability to test, troubleshoot, configure, and operate) of:
o Digital Mixing Consoles (Yamaha CL/QL/LS/M7 Digital Mixers & Rio and ES100 snakes)
o Digital Audio Networking and Transport (Dante, A-Net, MADI, EtherSound)
o Analog/Digital/Wireless Intercom (Clear-Com Helix Net/Freespeak/LQ)
o Passive/Active Speakers (incl. Line Arrays), Amplifiers, and System Processing
o Wireless Microphones/IEMs (Shure Axient/ULXD/UHFR/ULX/QLX)
• Familiarity of common audio rigging practices and hardware.
• Comfortable coordinating wireless frequencies to avoid interference/intermodulation.
• Working knowledge of AC and DC power; including distribution and load balancing.
• Strong Troubleshooting and Repair Skills
o Build, test, and repair various audio, video, network, and power cables.
o Experience with circuit board level troubleshooting, soldering, and repair.
o Capable of utilizing an oscilloscope and other metering/troubleshooting tools.
• Able to lift upwards of 45 lbs.
• Inventory software (Flex)
• Willingness and ability to drive a 16’-26’ straight truck and a CDL truck license
A range of $18 to $24/hour starting rate based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include health, dental and long-term disability insurance and 401K plan contributions.
For more than two decades, LSAV POWERHOUSE has been creating outstanding customer experiences, designing, and producing live events, activations and exhibits for major corporations and national associations. We use a unique and agile formula, mixing our strategic, creative, and production-based disciplines with just the right chemistry to deliver our client’s message, build their brand and connect to their audience. Our comprehensive approach includes: Creative Design, Event Production, Event Technology, Custom Fabrication, Media Production, Exposition Services and Talent Management. Our
experience and services include a global reach with offices in Chicago, Orlando, Las Vegas, and the D.C. Metro area, operating extensively throughout the US and the world.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to ProductionBeast | Film and TV Production Jobs.