About LSAV POWERHOUSE
For more than two decades, LSAV POWERHOUSE has been creating outstanding customer experiences, designing, and producing live events, activations and exhibits for major corporations and national associations. We use a unique and agile formula, mixing our strategic, creative, and production-based disciplines with just the right chemistry to deliver our client’s message, build their brand and connect to their audience. Our comprehensive approach includes Creative Design, Event Production, Event Technology, Custom Fabrication, Media Production, Exposition Services and Talent Management. Our experience and services include a global reach with offices in Chicago, Orlando, Las Vegas, and the D.C. Metro area, operating extensively throughout the US and the world.
LSAV POWERHOUSE is currently seeking for an experienced scenic/cabinet builder/millwork carpenter to manage our scenic shop and lead a small team of carpenters. Candidate will need solid knowledge of fabrication in the areas of event production, exhibit, and display. This is a full-time position that includes competitive pay, health insurance, company 401k, and a friendly work environment. Must be willing to work within a flexible schedule that includes occasional overtime and weekends.
• Experience managing a team of builders. Must be able to communicate clearly with carpentry team and convey requirements of tasks, job expectations, and quality of work.
• Experience managing a carpentry shop including ordering and maintaining materials and inventory, oversight of maintenance of tools, and oversight of shop safety.
• Utilize appropriate tools to prepare layout, and power tools to construct exhibits, retail displays and more.
• Comprehensive knowledge of standard carpentry tools including table saw, router, hand tools, jointer, planer, etc.
• Ability to assemble parts created from CNC.
• The ability to lift at least 60lbs.
• Read and Interpret drawings, sketches to determine requirements for fabrication of custom items such as cabinets, pedestals, panels, shelves, and construct framework
• An eye for detail and ability to execute fabrication with tight tolerances.
• Working independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work within deadlines and stay on schedule
• Knowledge of safety requirements for carpentry work.
• Extensive knowledge in high pressure laminate applications
• Ability to read build drawings/blueprints and execute with direction from scenic designer.
• Easy going attitude and ability to keep oneself busy in a shop environment.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to ProductionBeast | Film and TV Production Jobs.