The Public Theater seeks an Associate Production Manager to join our dedicated and fast-paced Production Department. As the Associate Production Manager, you will work with the Production Management team to support production activity at the theater. Duties include leading or assisting projects as assigned by the Production Executive or Production Managers, assisting Production Managers on individual projects, and other ongoing responsibilities to support production management. You will report to the Associate Director of Production and work closely with the other members of the Production Management team
• Manage production process for each assigned project
• Facilitate the flow of information and alignment of activity among production departments, and between production staff, design teams, directors, stage managers, and departments across The Public.
• Manage and contribute to creation of production budgets. Work with production and design teams to arrive at artistic execution that aligns with project budgets, available resources, and organization values. Maintain budget projections.
• Schedule and lead production meetings. Facilitate communication, prioritization, and scheduling of production work.
• Collaborate with and assist other Production Management staff as necessary
• Assist the Production Management staff in the hiring and supporting of stage managers for assigned projects.
• Collaborate interdepartmentally across the organization to identify systemic barriers that is inconducive to an inclusive environment in the digital space. Help implement inclusive best practices in the digital space, and upon the return of live theater post-COVID.
• Collaborate interdepartmentally to understand, question, and transform work systems, structures, and practices to reflect anti-racist values.
• Attend production meetings, staff meetings, other meetings as needed.
• At least 3 years of professional production experience, or equivalent training in theatrical production or stage management
• Understanding of The Public Theater’s mission, strategies, and programming, including a commitment to cultural transformation and antiracism in the work and workplace
• Ability to respond to changing circumstances quickly and with a positive attitude
• Analytical thinking and problem solving
• Excellent communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work long weeks and evening/weekend hours are typically required during tech/previews for assigned projects
This position is full-time salaried, exempt and benefit eligible. The standard schedule is 40 hours per week and may increase due to project load. Evenings and weekend hours are typically required.
COVID-19 and Vaccination Policy:
• As a condition of employment, The Public will require all who report to work on site (either at The Public Theater or any other workspace or performing location) to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
• The Public Theater Production Department is currently engaged in a combination of remote and in-person work. This position will begin work remotely but is expected to begin working in person during the 2021-2022 season.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Position is available immediately.
• Please send a cover letter and resume to: ProductionBeast | Film and TV Production Jobs