The Public Theater seeks a positive, collaborative, and creative Production Manager to join our Production Management team. As a Production Manager, you will coordinate technical execution and support for assigned projects, facilitating communication among production staff, other departments at The Public, and creative teams on each project. You collaborate with other production managers to align resources to realize individual projects at the highest possible level. As well as work with Production Department heads to maximize the overall capacity of the Production Department in service to The Public’s artistic mission.
• Manage production process for each assigned project
• Facilitate the flow of information and alignment of activity among production departments, and between production staff and design teams, directors, stage managers, and other departments across The Public.
• Manage production budgets. Work with production and design teams to arrive at designs that align with project budgets and available resources.
• Maintain budget projections.
• Schedule and lead production meetings. Facilitate communication, prioritization, and scheduling of production work during build, load-in, tech, previews, and load-out.
• Ensure continued production support and maintenance throughout a project’s run.
• Work with fellow Production Managers and production department heads to continually improve the capacity of the department and the quality of our work and workplace.
• Hire and supervise staff or overhire Assistant Production Managers as needed.
• Actively support The Public’s commitments to safety, diversity, and respect in the workplace.
• At least five years of experience in theatrical production, with a strong background in production management, stage management, and/or technical direction.
• Demonstrated personnel and budget management experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to align stakeholders toward common goals while negotiating competing priorities.
• Ability to work constructively with artistic and technical collaborators and adapt to a range of personalities and working styles.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Working knowledge of CAD software a plus.
• Ability to maintain positive attitude while prioritizing work in a fast paced environment.
• Long weeks and evening/weekend hours required during tech/previews for assigned projects.
COVID-19 and Vaccination Policy:
• As a condition of employment, The Public will require all who report to work on site (either at The Public Theater or any other workspace or performing location) to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
• The Public Theater Production Department is currently engaged in a combination of remote and in-person work. This position will begin work remotely but is expected to begin working in person during the 2021-2022 season.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Position is available immediately.
• Please send a cover letter and resume to: ProductionBeast | Film and TV Production Jobs