Hiring an experienced Post Supervisor or Post Producer for a full-time role at a very busy digital/commercial production & post facility in NYC.
In this role you would be responsible for overseeing Post Production projects from the bidding phase all the way though final delivery - including building project schedules, overseeing budgets and expenses, contracting freelancers, liaising with clients on cut reviews and feedback, and taking point on all client communications related to the edit including creative, budget and timelines. This is a very hands-on role, managing all aspects of the Post pipeline.
An ideal candidate will be well-versed in all post production workflows including offline edit, motion graphics/vfx, sound and color finishing, and various delivery specs, especially when it comes to short-form, quick-turnaround digital and commercial content. They also should have several years of experience personally building post calendars for multiple deliverables, tracking budget and project spend, gathering and parsing through creative feedback, and working closely with editors, vfx and motion graphics artists, and sound mixers and colorists.
- 7+ years professional experience in video production, with at least 4 years as a Post Supervisor, Post Producer, or Post Manager
- 5+ years of direct client management experience, as this role is heavily client-facing
- Understanding of codecs and media delivery specifications, as well as a good handle on all post production technical workflows with the ability to communicate these workflows in layman's terms to non-video-savvy clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills, positive attitude, the ability to remain cool & collected under stress and tight deadlines
Seeking candidates primarily with a background in digital, short-form, branded and commercial content. Unfortunately we are not looking for those who have worked exclusively in television/broadcast/reality, but rather folks with experience working full-time at a full-service production company, ad agency, or digital post house across a variety of one-off projects.
Non-locals need not apply. We are presently in a WFH position but will be transitioning to a hybrid in-office/at-home scenario later this year out of the Manhattan office, and looking for someone who will be available to go into the office when the time comes.
Interviewing and hiring urgently.