RISE is an award-winning, gravity-defying, ass-kicking VFX company with offices across Germany in Berlin, Cologne, Stuttgart, Munich and London with roughly 150 permanent staff members in addition to 150 freelance artists.
If you think you've seen it all - you haven't until you've worked here. This is where dreams are made, technology is pushed to its breaking point and company parties are referred to as "the end of all days".
Over the years we have become "partner in crime" for directors like Tom Tykwer (Babylon Berlin, A Hologram for the King, Cloud Atlas) or Wes Anderson (The French Dispatch), studios like Marvel (Loki, Eternals, WandaVision, The Avengers films, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, etc.), Netflix (, Dark Season 1-3, Stranger Things Season 3) and HBO (Westworld, Lovecraft Country). Its sister production company RISE PICTURES develops its own original content and co-produces films and series for an international audience such as Stowaway and Dragon Rider.
In the course of the growing importance of our work for film production, we are growing in a controlled and steady manner. The increasing demand for highly specialized visual effects artists from Germany and abroad presents us with daily new challenges, which are the basis for our long-term success.
In our London office, we are looking for support for our FX department, and open to discussing different options for starting dates and contract types, depending on the candidate's skillset and our project(s) needs.
- 5+ years of experience with Houdini
- Prior experience creating photo-real FX elements for feature film
- Experience in shading, lighting and rendering with Mantra and/or RenderMan both FX and hard surface
- Experience creating water, particles, explosions or destruction sequences is highly desirable
- Efficiently working under the direction of VFX + CG supervisor’s creative and technical briefings
- Create exceptionally realistic FX animation and effects
- Work with animation + lighting as necessary in order to meet FX animation objectives
- Ability to adapt your effects as the briefing evolves
- Supporting the pipeline development for Houdini is highly requested
This can be a freelance or full-time contract position. We're looking forward to meeting you!