Title: Producer Last Revision Date: 2021
Department: Production Reports To: VP, Production
Status: FT, Exempt
PBS39 is looking for a full-time Producer to join our growing organization. A Producer must be able to produce high impact shows, segments, and stories for newscasts, social and media and the web. The ideal candidate must demonstrate good organizational and planning skills along with a keen eye for storytelling.
Our Producers must be able to multi-task and willing to share content as it is gathered. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with strong journalistic judgment, eye for detail and an ability to think creatively.
• WLVT-PBS39 is a 50-year young non-profit located 90 minutes from Manhattan and 60 minutes from Philadelphia in the rapidly growing Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania. The organization is beginning an exciting new era called WLVT 3.0 and seeks appropriate management and leadership for these transformational new enterprises that will ensure a community that is engaged, inspired and vibrant.
• Mission Statement: PBS39 acts as the catalyst to promote civic engagement, and to fulfill the regional needs of the Greater Lehigh Valley through its dynamic communication platforms and resources.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION
• Advanced knowledge of television production
• Knowledge and experience using editing software: Photoshop, Avid, Premier or equivalent
• Excellent in-the-field “editing” skills, judgment and understanding of storylines
• Minimum 3 years of experience in video production in a professional environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Ability to watch our network and view our website on a regular basis
• Ability to produce multiple projects from inception to completion and do so independently
• Ability to take direction and constructive criticism
• Ability to work unconventional hours, weekends and holidays on rare occasions
• Passion for PBS39’s mission
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate, write and edit high quality and visually impactful videos at times under deadline pressure
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
• Deliver A-roll/scripts to editors
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
• Communicate professionally and often with the VP, Production, Director, Production, Editors, Reporters, and Chief Content Officer
• Stay up to date with the latest pre- and post-production techniques
• Use analytics in determining content.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics, user-generated content, and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Develop storylines in the field
• Plan shoots in the field or studio and ensure smooth execution
• Work in the Control Room during productions to ensure proper timing
• Act as a liaison between guests and the crew
Must be a positive, creative, and forward-looking thinker.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM DEGREE/TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM POSITION’S RESPONSIBILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Send an e-mail to: ProductionBeast | Film and TV Production Jobs with the following information:
No phone calls, please.
• Cover Letter
• Salary Requirements
• References (won’t be contacted unless you are a finalist)
• Demo Reel or online portfolio required
• Please also indicate how you found out about the position
• Include Producer in Subject Line.
PBS39 and WLVR 91.3 is an equal opportunity employer.