The Project Coordinator is responsible for all phases of the project life cycle including defining, planning, launching, managing and closing the project. The individual works with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude major projects. This position is responsible for the execution of projects to exceed client expectations as well as meet corporate goals and budget requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
● Manage, communicate and track all aspects of assigned projects, including, but not limited to: planning, scheduling, deliverables, quality assurance, compliance, logistics, budgets, internal and external stakeholders’ expectations, issues, liability, risk, exposure, and financially responsibility.
● Execute monthly (client dependent) project sales orders and invoices by maintaining general knowledge of client contract terms & billable items, in coordination with applicable internal stakeholders, to be approved by Operations / Project Manager(s).
● Communicate to the Operations / Project Manager(s) any potential or actual issues, problems, or additional project information which could have an adverse impact with recommended solutions.
● Develop, manage and enhance operational and administrative functions and tasks, as they relate to the Project Coordinator responsibilities.
● Coordinates program or project planning and implementation, including assessing needs, setting goals and objectives.
● Establishes and communicates project timelines which integrate calendars, schedules, and tasks while monitoring progress and notify the applicable parties of project progression and/or a potential or actual disruption.
● Provides advice to participants; serves as a liaison; acts as a resource person by performing research, analyzing information, providing documentation, and preparing reports.
● Support and assist Operations / Project Manager(s) to implement budgets, meet cost standards by monitoring expenses and implementing cost-saving actions.
● With field staff associates, manage and track project site inventory and equipment (if applicable to project/client) mitigating project disruption.
● Act as the point of contact for logistical support to all applicable parties related to the assigned project.
● Document, communicate and monitor project risk, liability and exposure.
● Coordinate and support quality assurance (QA), quality control (QC), process improvement, in coordination with Operations / Project Manager(s).
● Verifies and analyzes the accuracy of all data associated with assigned projects.
● Review and approve related time sheets, expenses and applicable time-off request(s), as directed by supervisor.
● Enter Purchase Orders for Contractor / Vendor invoices for wire payments sent by RMI Accounting
● Coordinate visas for field staff and travel arrangements as necessary
● Comply with and enforce industry, corporate and other related policies and procedures.
● Maintain a through understanding of the company’s capabilities, products, and services.
● Identify business development opportunities and communicate them to the applicable staff.
● Effectively convey the RMI brand in both written and verbal business development discussions.
● Proactively train other Project Coordinators on an ongoing basis for peak team efficiency
● Identify process or project problems, propose improvements and offer suggestions to solve problems.
● Audit project billing (sales orders and invoices) in the Med Support department.
● Be familiar enough with other projects within the department in order to run the projects if needed.
● Maintain departmental continuity by participating in project updates within operational team
● Other duties as assigned
This position oversees their assigned field staff on projects directly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College or technical school; or one to three years of related experience and/or training. Project coordination in a Film/Entertainment setting experience required.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and general computer & technology literacy.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
● Ability to balance result with other business considerations.
● Exceptional and adaptive communication skills, judgment, and decision-making.
● 2+ years experience in project coordination or project management experience
● Ability to manage time and resources for peak performance
● Ability to effectively communicate in a positive manner with all associates
● Strong presentation and public speaking skills
● Must possess ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups
● Experience in Film/Entertainment industry required.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
● PMP Certification or equivalent education and experience preferred.