Red Clay Media, based in Birmingham AL, is seeking a Manager of Digital Video to bring organizational skills and inspiring leadership to our video production team.
Red Clay Media is home to It’s a Southern Thing is one of the fastest growing social media brands in the U.S., with more than 3 million followers across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter. We serve up relatable humor, inspirational people, and fascinating stories that break the stereotypes and show the South as the culturally rich, diverse, down-home place it really is. We’re looking for someone with a love of Southern storytelling and an authentic understanding of this rapidly growing region of 115 million people. This is Alabama celebrated its third anniversary and is one of the largest social media brands in the State of Alabama. People of Alabama launched a successful video series last year and has photographed thousands of ordinary Alabamians painting a unique and deeply personal picture of the citizens of the Yellowhammer state.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate self-starter who can work with our team. This position will report to the Director of Video and help oversee a team of video producers and editors, help implement strategy and ensure all levels of video production are being met. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of social media video strategy and will be skilled at working in a quickly changing environment. This position is responsible for videos that appear Red Clay’s three brands: It’s a Southern Thing, This is Alabama and People of Alabama.
Candidates for this position must be well versed in all elements of video production. This position will require you to help show runners and teams develop and implement shows that range from in-depth videos to shorter, socially focused videos. Ideally the candidate embraces working in a social media environment. We expect them to be able to not only implement strategy from above, but to help produce videos with the staff that perform very well on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, IGTV, Twitter and other social media platforms we venture into.
The ideal candidate:
• Has proven management experience in scheduling, show running and production.
• Is able to maintain a schedule and troubleshoot scheduling problems.
• Has connections to talent, editors, cinematographers and other production resources.
• Is well versed in all aspects of video production.
• Has strong organizational skills.
• Has strong knowledge, or wants to learn and work on social media and how video works best on specific platforms.
• Can track and maintain budgets for production and equipment.
This job will require you to:
• Work with staff to maintain an efficient use of their time to produce various types of video
• Work with key personnel to develop a sustainable workflow for production.
• Work with senior management to implement and change strategy.
• Adapt to a quick-paced, changing environment.
• Oversee the production, coordination, and execution of creative video production for Red Clay Media.
• Supervise the troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrade, and repair of hardware assets and systems regarding video production.
• Oversee the inventory control of video equipment and supplies.
• Collaborate with senior management to fulfill corporate sponsor and branded content videos.
• Evaluate, prioritize and measure the success of multiple projects.
• Work with clients and understand their creative process.
• Train and oversee freelance producers and production managers.
• Effectively communicate policies and procedures to freelance crew and production staff.
• Take on other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, please follow the instructions below:
Please send the following to ProductionBeast | Film and TV Production Jobs:
• A brief introductory email outlining your relevant management and work experience for this job (include the job title you are applying for in the subject line)
• Links to work samples (please detail exactly what you did in each video if it is a large collaboration)
• In your introductory email please look at the social pages for It’s a Southern Thing, This is Alabama and People of Alabama and offer insight on some video content you think works and why.
Red Clay Media, a division of Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the United States, operates the leading news and information companies in more than 24 cities, reaching 50+ million people monthly with our quality, real-time journalism and community engagement. Our company is built upon the values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Fearlessness, and Customer Focus.
Advance Local includes MLive Media Group, Advance Ohio, Alabama Media Group, NJ Advance Media, Advance Media NY, MassLive Media, Oregonian Media Group, Staten Island Media Group, Advance 360, The Alpha Group, Headline Studio, PA Media Group, Red Clay Media and our Enterprise Digital Innovation team. For more information about Advance Local, please visit www.advancelocal.com.
Advance Local is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation, marital status or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.