Lucasfilm Animation is seeking a Senior Production Accountant to support our animated television productions.
- Partner with Producer and Finance Leadership in managing and analyzing production costs, production overhead and overall budgets for multiple productions with multiple seasons.
- Produce all periodic finance deliverables including: cost reports, cash flow projections, and purchase orders to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence.
- Support Production, Lucasfilm Finance and Disney Media Networks finance in financial planning including headcount, production costs and overhead. Provide cost analytics as needed.
- Ensure payments are correctly recorded in SAP and ensure discrepancies are resolved.
- Communicate production progress to anticipate issues and ensure swift financial issue resolution.
- Ensure that production cost information is properly reflected on Disney corporate/Tax deliverables, Series Ultimates and Lucasfilm internal deliverables.
- Work with production management on payroll review and expense report handling.
- Maintains Chart of Accounts, SAP project set up, and Project Accounting tools.
- Works with discretion as to details on assignments of a varied nature.
- Provides technical opinion on accounting matters to production management
- Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements e.g. SAG.
- Passionate about animated television with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills and work well under pressure.
- Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a corporate environment, including support of the Financial Planning and Analysis function.
- Expert proficiency in Excel. Experience with production accounting tools and accounting systems such as SAP or Oracle a plus.
- Experience using IBM Cognos TM1 a plus.
- Business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated, seasoned and self-assured.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Television, Special Effects, Feature film production accounting (Animation experience preferred).
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.