Freelance Producer / Editor (PREDITOR)
DO YOU HAVE BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF ESPORTS & GAMING, COUPLED WITH AN INSATIABLE PASSION OF EDITING/CREATING QUALITY FUN CONTENT? If this is you…read on and apply ASAP!
(Pay is negotiable based on experience)
‘ESPORTS PROJECT’ (working title) is seeking an experienced Preditor over a soon to launch Esports & Gaming themed project. The Preditor will work with a small ambitious NYC based production team and will be involved in producing and editing daily short-form content. There will be a constant evaluation of current programming strategy which is critical of the role. Strong prospect of rapid expansion and growth within the company/project.
This is a job that will require the Preditor to wear MANY hats for an ambitious start up project where the Preditor will need to roll up their sleeves and not be afraid or let ANY ego interfere with doing other tasks that may be outside the usual realm of editing such as content acquisition, clearances, recording streaming feeds, media management, exporting and preparing air masters according to delivery specs, uploading content to server delivery destination for broadcast on the OTT platform.
• Work with one other Preditor in a fast-paced environment along with a small production team.
• Keep an eye out for talent from the gaming and esports world as new prospective contributors to the project.
• Serve as the lead visionary for content for the project and add creative input daily.
• Maintain an impeccable workflow
• Be ahead of the curve with your daily execution plan and stay on top of gaming & esports news, tech, players, teams, etc. and suggest story ideas.
• Strong time-management skills.
• Update and input data into content/asset spreadsheets.
• Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and under possible tight deadlines
• BASIC knowledge of the gaming and esports world is a plus: games, leagues, influencers, technology, events, tournaments, etc.
• 5-7 years editing experience in a fast-paced digital ecosystem.
• Crystal clear communication and strong organizational skills a MUST!
• Can work well independently or in a collaborative environment as a team player.
• Ability to multi-task and stay in control of all open-ended projects/shoots/content.
• Possible light ravel to locations around the world.
• Must show a passion for content creation.
• Must be an expert editor with Adobe Premiere
• Strong After Effects & Photoshop skills a big plus.
• Adobe Suite (all apps) knowledge also a plus.