Looking for a veteran LP, UPM, or Producer that wants to tackle Studio Ops and Finance here at Genius Produced Studios!
TITLE: Director of Finance & Operations
REPORTS TO: President & Chief Executive Officer
PURPOSE: Director of Finance and Operations is charged to provide leadership, direction, and management in the financial and administrative operations of Genius Produced.
Direct Reports:: Coordinator of Finance and Operations, Studio Production Assistant
* Ensure integrity, transparency, and accountability in all operations.
* Ensure the development of financial and accounting programs and procedures.
* Safeguard genius Produced financial and non-financial resources.
* Ensure establishment and maintenance of adequate systems of internal controls and adherence to financial policies.
* Oversee personnel procedures and human resource function assuring fairness and compliance in all areas.
* oversee facilities and equipment necessary to fulfill Genius Produced creative and overall company commitmentments.
* In collaboration with the President and CEO,Accounting firm, , Board of Directors, and Executive Committee, formulates and implements annual financial strategies in support of Genius Produced operations and strategic plan.
* Oversees, coordinates, and prepares operating budgets, financial forecasts, and interim financial statements in conjunction with outside accounting firm.
* Directs and maintains the daily operations of Accounting and IT functions and maintains the systems of internal accounting controls.
* Maintains facilities and arranges for necessary repairs and improvements.
* Monitors compliance & suggests policy changes as necessary.
* Provides staff support and leadership to of annual audit by external auditor.
* Manages Human Resource activities and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Maintains personnel records and policies.
*. Monitors performance and compliance of benefits and State laws and advises President and Partner Agencies of appropriate products and agents.
* Manages and directs cash flow and investment portfolio in conjunction with appropriate committees, board, and CEO.
* Reviews agency scope of work documents and sets forth internal company milestones and schedules with GP staff.
Ensures budgets and expenses are submitted from departments and properly coded in quick books.
Ensures time cards are properly approved by department heads.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
* CPA preferred
* Minimum of two to five years experience in accounting/ financial management position. Entertainment / startup/ tech experience preferred.
* Knowledge of Financial Accounting Standards as promulgated by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and as relevant to entertainment organizations.
Project management software experience required
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* Proficient in computer/software applications for financial and accounting activities.
This position assists with other areas of the organization as needed, at the request of the Executive Director.
start date: June 5th, 2019