Omnifilm Entertainment is seeking a Business Affairs and Production Associate to play an important role within our team which provides and maintains all development, production and distribution documentation for all Omnifilm companies and properties for the Canadian and International market.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, highly organized with an exceptional attention to detail. A familiarity with television production, legal contracting and insurance packages is a definite asset. An ability to independently research Production, permitting, union, funding and legal requirements for various production activities with minimal supervision is equally key to the position. This is a mid-level position ideal for a person who is flexible and able to work within a fast-paced and deadline oriented environment.
• All filing and tracking of all legal documentation on several databases and programs
• Ensuring all production and development activities are properly insured and documented.
• Assisting with the research of legal, permitting, insurance and financial requirements for new projects.
• Assist with the contracting process for personnel, equipment and locations.
• Assist with the administration of union and/or guild contracts.
• Assisting with the preparation of production hiring packages, releases and other legal documentation for all productions.
• Assist with the review of agreements and some drafting on existing templates.
• Coordination of Government, Public and Private applications and filings
• Coordination and tracking of triggers, invoicing and payments from outside financiers.
• Creating and updating databases tracking shows, contact lists, timelines, and other information or production checklists.
• Coordinating and booking development or production related writer rooms, meetings as required.
• Ensuring the ongoing upkeep of the master database including ensuring all key documentation has been filed and recorded properly.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 1+ years' film and TV production industry experience (more is a plus)
• 2+ years’ experience in contracts administration
• The ideal candidate has excellent writing skills and is proficient in communication with agents and talent as well as in a legal environment.
• Post-secondary degree in related field is a plus