River Road Films is a natural history documentary television and film production company. Recent work includes “The Wild Canadian Year” for CBC Television (winner of Best Science / Nature Series at the Canadian Screen Awards, 2018) and “The Great Bear Rainforest” IMAX feature film.
We require a Camera Preparation Technician to manage the company’s warehouse of cameras and associated camera equipment and ensure all the relevant equipment is gathered, organized, and fully functional for each shoot. You MUST be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
Role & Responsibilities
• Communicate with producers and directors clearly and efficiently about the status of equipment availability and condition
• Ensure that the appropriate cameras, associated camera equipment, and supplies are gathered, organized, and fully operating for each shoot
• Ensure that the cameras, associated camera equipment, and supplies are serviced, cleaned and repaired as needed between shoots
• Perform Shipping and Receiving tasks
• Maintain a running inventory of equipment and manage equipment availability on the software program Cheqroom
• Experience working in operations at a camera rental house or similar setting
• Vast knowledge of motion picture cameras and related equipment
• Fluent in English and good communication skills
• Familiarity with Cheqroom software
• British Columbia Driver’s license
• Interest in natural history and/or documentary filmmaking
• Lifting heavy cases and/or equipment
Work is full-time and starts immediately.
All applicants must be a BC resident as of December 31, 2018.
Please send a cover letter, CV and list of references (minimum 2).
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an in-person interview.
A criminal record check will be required prior to hiring.
Closing date for applications: January 17th, 2019