Equipment Rental Manager
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION: Manage key operations as they pertain to busy sound stage facility for grip and electric equipment orders, repairs, and maintenance. Train and manage staff that work the stage floor. Be a team player and seasoned multi-tasker. The office management staff is very small and busy, and everyone will be involved with multiple non-job specific projects, including promotions, special events, production work, graphic design and more, although grip and electric equipment rental is 90% of the job.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Department Management; inventory control and maintenance.
● Responsible for asset movement as it relates to incoming and outgoing gear by utilizing our floor staff, including prep and de-prep as well as general office duties.
● Manage scheduling of space as needed for prep and deprep.
● Manage day-to-day aspects of labor including time and task management.
● Prepare quotes within Google Spreadsheet for rentals in our studio.
● Maintain job management workflow by supervising shop floor staff.
● Anticipate and coordinate any and all lighting/rigging sub-rentals.
● Take monthly inventory and place orders for all Lighting Department consumables.
● Shipping/receiving for active inventory va google calendar.
● Conduct staff to maintain cleanliness and order of equipment storage and the stage as it pertains to all departments, including trash removal, floor cleaning and common area cleanliness.
● Maintain efficient organization of all assets and supplies by assigning everything to a permanent storage location and ensuring these locations are used by all staff.
● Develop informed and educated purchasing strategies pertaining to equipment and materials that will help department grow and ultimately become more successful.
● Perform administrative tasks such as fixing and updating employee time cards, answering phones calls directed to the Lighting Department, sending out invoices via quickbooks.
● Work with co-workers as a team to ensure success.
● Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the Lighting Department & other departments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
● Have prior management experience in a lighting department for entertainment, festival, touring, corporate lighting, or rental house.
● Competent in MS Office products, Google Apps and efficient in other email and internet applications. Any graphic design and post-production skills a plus.
● Ability to learn inventory management software (google spreadsheet or newer software)
● Demonstrable problem solving and people skills.
● Proven accuracy in work and attention to detail.
● Professional oral and written skills required.
● Ability to operate warehouse machinery (scissor lifts).
● Experience running crews at both entertainment and corporate shows, and or shop technicians.
● Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, be self-motivated and provide a positive work environment, both inside the department and throughout the shop.