TV/Film Production Accountant
Award winning TV/Film/Documentary company based in Vancouver seeks an experienced Production Accountant.
Start: March 2018
Rate: Competitive. To commensurate with experience. Non-Union.
The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years experience as a key production accountant. A degree in accountancy or vocational qualifications in accounting is preferred but not mandatory. Experience working on American and international productions would be beneficial.
- Provide effective financial control and management of budgets on productions, providing weekly cost reports, up to date forecasts, advice on cost reduction and utilization of funds to balance creative aspirations with financial and resource constraints.
- Work closely with the production team to ensure that production budgets are being effectively managed and adhered to. Ensure effective cost management and controls are in place and are adhered to.
- Contribute actively to the preparation of accurate and achievable weekly production forecasts.
- Monitor, control and manage actual expenditure against set budget.
- Monitor and check that production costs are properly authorized and are completely and accurately recorded.
- Gather appropriate supporting documentation for all production transactions, ensuring audit trails are maintained.
- Manage and process AP/AR and cash flows.
- Process, code and obtain approval for purchase orders and invoices.
- Maintain and monitor the purchase order log to identify discrepancies and/or duplications.
- Liaise with production team and vendors to resolve any instances of incorrect charges or disputes.
- Obtain approval and verification of crew hours and production costs from PM.
- Process US payroll after each American shoot, liaise with external payroll company for submission.
- Control, manage and reconcile large amounts of of petty cash quickly and efficiently.
- Establish and maintain an audit trail for all work undertaken and to liaise with auditors if necessary.
- Act as a resource to provide billing information to vendors and crew. First point of contact for crew and vendors inquiring about payments and submissions.
- Facilitate collaboration between team members through sharing information, collaborating on decision making, and taking mutual responsibility for the work.
- Undertake such other duties and tasks as may lie within the scope of this post.
- Highly organized. Must be able to work positively and constructively within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Must possess excellent time-management skills and have the ability to prioritize jobs efficiently.
" Must be able to maintain effective working relationships, have great communication and situation management skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
-Experience using PSL or Media Services payroll or other payroll software.
Must be Vancouver based, a Canadian citizen (or permanent resident) and a BC resident as of December 2017.