Non-fiction / Lifestyle production company, based in NYC, is seeking a creative, experienced, enthusiastic Manager of Development to help expand development and production of content.
This role will work directly under the company's senior development execs to help develop ideas, formats and pitch materials for new content. Other responsibilities are to find, recruit and develop talent, Oversee all activities of department and maintain efficiency and productivity.
The ideal candidate possesses a broad knowledge of current television programming (non-fiction/lifestyle) and industry trends. He/she will be a self-starter, charismatic, thoughtful and passionate about the company’s mission. We are looking for someone who can think big but also roll up their sleeves and dive in both creatively and logistically to bring projects to life.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Brainstorming new ideas
Writing and researching pitches; producing decks
Researching talent and conducting Skype interviews with potential talent
Light editing of Skype footage is helpful, but not required
Maintaining department organization
Documenting meetings, note taking, maintaining calendar, updating the slate, scheduling etc.
Use of PowerPoint/preparation of projects in PowerPoint
Supporting senior level Development Executives
Networking, building relationships within industry
Qualifications & Skills:
• Minimum of 3 years of television and/or digital development/production experience.
• Hands-on production experience a plus.
• Highly organized and able to quickly break down and communicate creative concepts.
• Strong eye for talent and talent development.
• Strong proficiency in the Microsoft, Google and Adobe product suites.
• Self-starter with a positive can-do attitude